S/V Serenity is back occupying my garage stall for the summer. I managed to get it down from the rafters all by myself, which is kind of amazing considering the pain it was getting into place.
She still needs a bit of work, though. The following needs to be done:
- Rudder needs to have the pintles installed.
- Transom needs to have the gudgeons installed.
- Mast step needs to be fabricated and installed.
- Boom needs paint.
- Inspection ports need to be installed.
- Oarlocks need to be installed.
- Mast needs to be rigged for the sail.
- Sail paint detail
- Complete second coat of paint over the hull.
Yikes. Typing that out kind of hurt my feelings. I always think there’s less to go than there is.
At the very least, I’ve been getting some of the sanding and shaping done. Also, I got the deck in place. This deck will stabilize the mast, and keep it nice and upright. Hopefully it will take the strain so it won’t all end up in the mast step.
Holy smokes, my garage needs intense organizing… I’m usually so focus on the project that I don’t even see the surrounding area.