Last night I began my senior capstone project: a style sheet for ens0.info. For those not in the know, a style sheet is an editing tool used to create consistency in style, punctuation, abbreviations, units of measurement, and formatting.
I already have a rough plan in my head which would be better if I placed it in digital form, and this seems a good place to do so.
- Make an alphabet grid for unique words
- Add sections for capitalization, dates, numbers, etc.
- Determine which style Style Guide I’m using
- Determine which dictionary I’m using
- Define text layout
- Define font styles (this should be in the CSS already)
- Define visual layout principles
Once all those items are sorted out, I can begin reviewing the blog and filling in the style sheet. To complete the project, I’ll write up a short paper in which I explain my editing choices for organization, format (both text and overall), and the chosen terms in my grid.
Piece of cake, right?